Just some random thoughts of a 20 something...and maybe a few cat pics along the way.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Not so nice...

I am always the first one in the office. I unlock the door, turn off the alarm turn on the coffee pot sort the faxes check the messages. Most of this, not my job. However, I don't mind doing it as I am almost ALWAYS 15 mins early. Its a gift :-)

One morning I came in and did my daily routine of unlocking, checking and sorting. Checking includes checking emails that came in over the weekend and of course, my facebook. Here I am at my desk checking out my emails and two co-workers come in chatting, well more like whispering. Typically they say "HI!" and continue with their conversations, which I am fine with. However this morning I was ignored. My two co-workers continued with their conversation like I was not even there, however it turned into a whisper. Into a hush hush talk which lasted about 40 minutes.

There they sat talking, whispering ect with my just in the next office, not saying a word. I felt rather pissed that they did not say morning, hello, or made a noise my way. Why I didn't say something to them, I am not sure. After the 40 minute convo they ask why I am so quiet. Well I said I didn't want to interrupt their obvious private and important conversation. To that the one replied, sorry my head is elsewhere right now and I didn't know you were here. ARE YOU KIDDING? Who would turn on the lights, the coffee pot, check the messages, sort the faxes? Sheesh! I could have been choking or dead on the floor and they would not have known for 40 mins.

I don't know why this made me so angry, but it did. I now find out that my co-worker does have some pretty serious stuff going on, however does that negate the use of manners? Perhaps I should just let it go, but for some reason I can't. I feel that although there is crap going on in EVERYONES lives its still important to be kind and polite, although it may be difficult. Whisper if you must but at least check to make sure I am still breathing.

No comments: