Just some random thoughts of a 20 something...and maybe a few cat pics along the way.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Confessions of the 20something...job(s)

OK... my jobs. Let say, I love them for the most part. My day time job allows me to pay the bills and still keep my mind working in the field in which I chose. My night time job allows me to do what I love to do and do it when I want. I get to have fun with the girls, i get to bake and cook and counsel them. I get to hang out with cats and dog and do my homework. I love it.
But soon, that second part of my life, the part that has been around for almost 7 years is going to come to an end. The house will be sold, the kids will move on and I will be back to ONE job... ONE. the number that I so dispise. ONE.

I am also going to graduate this year. Yup, graduate with a MA. it will be ONE less thing for me to do. So every day, my life will be the same, get up, goto work, and come home...... yuck.
Now i know that for some people, this is great. not having any kids, any thing to do. I am pretty much put my feet up and watch TV, cook dinner and enjoy my evening sipping red wine... Yeah ok. Not going to happen. I hate being home and bored all the time. I hate not having any thing to do. So here I am, on my mission to fill inthe blanks when my job ends and the kids move on.

So I bought a camera. Yup, a fancy camera with all the bells and whistles. I DO know how to use it. Yes I do. I remember from high school and know what fStop and Apature mean. I am no camera dummy. But how is a CAMERA going to keep me busy? I have no clue yet since all I have done it take about 85 thousand pictures of my cats. (AKA the fur babies).

So here I am. dreaming of another perfect job. One that I can do a few times a month, one that I will have fun with, that I can still enjoy and that wont pay the bills but will help fill the void of having only one job. (there is that number again). Any suggestions?

No comments: