Just some random thoughts of a 20 something...and maybe a few cat pics along the way.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I have a friend...

Yup, its that kind of post.

I know that we have all used the saying "I have a friend", "my friend did/said/can/will" the problem with this is that my friend wont.

Have you ever had the type of friend that follows you throughout life? You were in all the same grades, all the same photos, could remember each others childhoods like yesterday and know that no matter what or where you would love each other till the end of time? Well I do/did have a friend like this.

There is something you need to understand before i continue this post. I have no natural sisters or brothers. I am a lone child with siblings that have been adopted by love into the family. This can be lonley at times, therefore I have always reached for that friend as my sister. The one I thought I would share everything with, even into our adult lives.

Of course life does not work out the way we want it to and relationships as well as people change. Eventualy we drifted apart not talking as often, not seeing each other for our late night drives around the city like we did in our teen years. I feel bad that things have broken down between us and that now we only see each other a few times a year. However, I am also sick of being the only one to make the plans.

So i ask, have you ever had a friend like this? You know the one, when you make all the phone calls, all the contacts, all the plans, all the time??

I do and slowly, very slowly I am becomming sick of it. I am sick of making plans only to be exctied and happy I am seeing my friend, then to be ditched the last minute. I am tired of finding out things last or not at all because no one thought to share the good news with me. I am starting to feel that this is no longer a friendship but a long string of disapointment and lost hope.

So when do you say, enough is enough? When do you throw in the towel to the whole relationship and just say "fuck it" we have grown to far apart? I think today is the day.

No comments: